Friday, December 26, 2014

Nativity Scene Christmas Card

Happy Boxing Day to all my friends that are enjoying this second day of Christmas.  I miss this holiday, living here in the US.  Somehow, it just made Christmas last a little longer when we lived in South Africa :-)

Anyway, as promised, I'm back today to share another Christmas card with you. I made this card for my mom and I know that she is going to love it.  Yup, she hasn't received it yet, I guess this one swam across the great pond, but hopefully it will get there sometime this week :-)  My mom loves all my cards and keeps them all in a box and then shows them to her friends.  I received a lot of compliments from them, the last time we went to visit. {For my new bloggie friends ~ my mom lives in Algarve, Portugal and I live in Texas, USA:-)}

So with no more waffling, here is my card ...

 
I think that this card came out beautifully and it was so simple to make.  Because of the size of the nativity border, I decided to make it a 5.25" x 5.25" card.  Fits perfectly into a 5.5" x 5.5" envelope (by American Crafts) and it did not cost me extra postage.
 

 
List of materials used to make this card:
   
background cardstock - Recollections
white carstock - GinaK
lacy border die - Fancy Floral Lace Border - CottageCutz
nativity die - Nativity Border - CottageCutz
lace & gems - from my stash
 sentiment stamp (inside card) -  Poinsettia Frame Stamp Set - GinaK
palm trees (inside card) - Nativity Border die - CottageCutz
 
Thank you for stopping by today :-)
I will be back tomorrow with a Hiding in My Craft Room challenge :-)
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is so beautiful with the silhouette image and blue glittery background. The bow is the perfect finishing touch.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is STUNNING. Just wow! That deep blue against the white is awesome. No wonder why your mom shows off your cards. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)