Thursday, January 15, 2015

Cardz TV Challenge #1 ~ Create a Card for Any Occasion

Hello everyone and welcome back!

Today is the first challenge of the new season of Cardz TV :-) and I'm so thankful to continue as a card designer on this team of very talented and friendly ladies!
 

So for our first challenge, we would like you to create a card for any occasion and link it up to CardzTV by noon EST on Thursday, 29 January 2015.  Yes, it's that easy! :-)  Not only will you join in the fun but you will also stand a chance of winning one of the Cardz TV stamp sets :-)

For my card, I used a greeting from the Happy Days stamp set by Cardz TV.
Take a look at all the different greetings on this set and see for yourself how very versatile it is.


Here is the card I created for this challenge.


Since this card is for a male friend, I went with the black and white colour combo.  The white wine and the grapes do add a touch of colour to the card :-)  I got out my Hobby Dots that my SIL brought from Holland, and a Marieke's Design Decoupage Sheet and went to play.  Boy, oh boy, was it a lot of work! Although I love the effect of the Hobby Dots, they take a long time to place in just the correct place.  Or maybe it's just me :-)  Then I fussy cut all the images of the bottle of wine and layered them using SU! dimensionals.


Here is a better look a the layers of the image.  This pic was taken before I added some Hobby Dots to label of the bottle and to the glass.  Did you catch that? :-)


For the inside I used just a few Hobby Dots to put the little design in the corners.

Thank you for visiting today and for the bloggie love.

Till next time,
Happy Crafting!






7 comments:

  1. Wowza! They are truly going to appreciate getting this professional looking card!
    <3Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great looking birthday card. Love all the dimension on the wine bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Lena, the layout is so different. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Lena!! Love all of the Hobby Dots! So beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very pretty card!! Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, Lena. I am sure your friend will love it. I really like all the dimension on the wine bottle and grapes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)