Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Crafty Gals Corner Challenge # 2 ~ Sweethearts

Happy midweek everyone!
Before I tell you about the fun challenge we have for you today, I would like to take this opportunity to once again thank you for your wonderful support and bloggie love
 during our pioneering challenge :-)
For all my new followers ... Welcome, and for all my previous followers ... Thank you for staying on this crafting journey with me and for all your encouragement, inspiration, and tutorials :-)

Now without further ado ... here is the winner of my blog candy for the 
Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #1 Blog Hop.
  I used Random.Brian to pick the winner {in case you are wondering, Brian is my son :-) - he usually picks a number for me between 1 and the number of comments I have}.  And the winner is ...  

TracyM.#6773

Congratulations, Tracy!!!
So happy and thankful that you participated in our blog hop and became one of my new followers!
Please email me at lenfon@msn.com with your details so that I can put your prize in the mail.
If you could put Bloghop Winner in the subject line, I would really appreciate it as it will be so much easier to identify your email in case it ends up in my junk folder.

Now onto this week's challenge!


Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #2 ~ Sweethearts!
That means that in order to play along with us on this challenge, all you have to do is incorporate a heart or hearts in your project.  How fun and simple is that?  And also perfect timing with Valentine's Day just around the corner :-)

Our sponsors for this challenge are:

The prize is $25 gift certificate to her store.

AND

The prize is $10 gift certificate to their webstore.



And here is my card.  I used the beautiful cardstock from Paper Temptress called Rocket Red.  Her cardstocks are amazing. Can you see how well they emboss?  If you want a better view, click on the photo.  There are no tears or warping and works beautifully with any embossing folder.  She has a variety of papers including specialty papers that are absolutely stunning.  You really do need to go take a look at the Paper Temptress store and be wowed :-)
This beautiful image I used as the focal point on my card is from Stitchy Bear and it is called "Stitched with Love". I printed it on white cardstock and then used Spellbinders Heart Circles to cut it out.  I coloured it with copic markers and then I went to town with my bling :-)
This card is going to be sent to my mom, so I had to keep it as flat as possible and with as few layers as possible because international postage rates are incredibly high.
If you're looking for some beautiful, cute and super fun images, then Stitchy Bear is the place to go.  They have a variety of images that will suit everyone's taste.  You won't be disappointed!


Here is what I did for the inside of my card. I cut the hearts circle and then just a plain circle to put in the middle so that I could stamp my greeting on white so it would stand out.  This greeting is from the Cardz TV stamp set called Happy Days.

Well, my crafting friends, now it's your turn to make a project using a heart or several hearts and then join in our fun by linking it up to the Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #2.  You have till noon on Tuesday, 20 January 2015 to add your project in order to stand in line to win one of our fabulous prizes.  Can't wait to see what you will create!

Till next time,
Happy Crafting!


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and fun new challenge! Hope I can find time to play along! Congrats to your lucky winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - THANK YOU (and Random Brian) for choosing me as the SUPER LUCKY winner - I am SO EXCITED - heading over to e-mail you now :)
    Your card is BEAUTIFUL - LOVE IT, inside & out!!! LOVE your GORGEOUS embossed background & bling, LOVE your lacy die cuts too!!!
    Hoping to join Challenge #2 with you this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your creation <3

    feel free to stop by my blog and enter my giveaway :)

    http://mcm-ina.blogspot.com

    xo, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Valentines card. Love the embossed background. Your photo shows the wonderful detail you got with that cardstock. I definitely need to try some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love all the added bling. I also love the heart circle die! Compliments it beautifully!
    Hugs,
    Samantha xx
    Designs by Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lena! I found you through Crafty Gals tonight and couldn't be more thrilled! You are a talented bunch. :o) Your card is gorgeous! I cannot get over the depth of the embossing... a spectacular showcase of The Paper Temptress cs! The image is also beautiful and I love the abundance of sparkles throughout. The heart die is so warm and fuzzy. :o) I'm happy to be your newest follower and look forward to your future creations! Have a sparkly night. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)