Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Crafty Gals Corner Challenge # 3 ~ Let's Hear it for the Boys!

Hi and welcome everyone :-)
 
Today at Crafty Gals Corner we have a fun challenge for you ~ it's all about those men in your life.  Be it little guys or the more mature ones, all you have to do to join in our challenge this week is make a project for a guy!
 
I made two cards for this challenge because we have two wonderful sponsors and I couldn't just choose one image.
 
For my first card, I used Birthday Bear from QKR Stampede.

http://www.qkrstampede.com/
 
Prize ~ 3 Digital Images
 
 
 
This little Bear is taking his Happy Birthday greeting all the way to Lisbon, Portugal to a very cute 2 year old little cousin of mine :-)  And can you see that he is going all the way from Texas? :-)  I thought I'd use these papers to convey that message :-)

 
I used the same papers on the inside with a sentiment stamp from Hampton Art.
 
AND
 
For my second card, I used Adventure Jamie from Lacy Sunshine.
 
http://lacysunshine.weebly.com/
 
Prize ~ 3 Digital Images
 


When I saw this little guy, I automatically thought of Indiana Jones :-), so I went searching for a jungle image which I found at Google.  I printed it twice and fussy cut a few of the leaves and added them to the original picture to add some dimension.  I also made my own tiny flowers and placed them over the printed ones for more dimension.  Adventure Jamie is also adhered with pop dots, and was coloured in with copic markers.
 

 
For the inside, I used a Tropical stamp set I've had for years and have no details on the name of it or who it's by.  The sentiment was computer generated.
 
I hope that I was able to give you some inspiration so that you can join our challenge this week.  Remember that there are two wonderful sponsors, QKR Stampede and Lacy Sunshine, with wonderful prizes that you stand a chance to win.  You have till noon, Tuesday, 27 January 2015 to link your card to Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #3.
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting :-)
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. I loved your cards this week, Lena. That denim and gingham combo is so great and your jungly leaf border frame is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that teddy is just the cutest thing!! The jungle card looks amazing, the foliage around the edge really adds depth and layers xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are wonderful Lena, I like the sweet bear, and the scene you have created with the swinging boy.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are lovely! Perfect for any guy!
    Hugs,
    Samantha xx
    Designs by Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 great cards Lena! Love the cute bear on the first one and the way you created your jungle background on the second!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)