Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #4 - Try Something New!

Good morning everyone. I hope that your week is going well :-)
 
 
http://www.craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com/
 
Our challenge #4, at Crafty Gals Corner, is to Try Something New.  That could be a new technique, a new card fold, using a new item, etc.  Maybe something that you have been wanting to try but haven't had either the time or the courage?  Well this is the perfect opportunity to take that leap :-)
 
We have two wonderful sponsors this week with some awesome prizes.
They are ....
 
 
http://www.bugaboostamps.com/
 
Prize = 7 digital stamps
 
 
AND
 
 
http://www.stampandcreate.com/
 
Prize = $20 Gift Certificate
 
I have seen lots of gorgeous looking swing cards, but had yet to try one so for this challenge I made a Heart Swing Card.  I love it, so I will definitely be making more :-)
 

The adorable girl with the heart box filled with chocolates is Fancy SB Love from Bugaboo Stamps.  How do I know it's filled with chocolates, you ask?...  Well, what else would it be??? :-)
I cut the swing card using an SVG from the Silhouette store. For the image heart, I imported the image {with the help of my smarty pants daughter :-)} and then used the print and cut feature and voila, perfect! Coloured the image with copic markers. The greeting is a stamp from the Cardz TV stamp set called Happy Days. The two Hershey kisses are die cuts from the Hugs & Kisses border from Cottage Cutz. The embossing of the card was done with the Doodle Hearts embossing folder from the Paper Studio. Flowers and gems are from my stash.
 
 


 
Here is another view. Shows the "swinging heart" :-) 
 


And this is the view of the card when it's completely opened.  My personal message will go where my watermark is now.
 
So, my crafting friends, now it's your turn to think of "something new"!  Make your project and link it to Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #4.  You will not only join in the fun, but also a stand a chance to win one of the fabulous prizes from our sponsors, Bugaboo Stamps and Stamp and Create.  Can't wait to see what you will create. I know that I will be learning something new from you.  Remember that you have till noon on Tuesday, 3 February 2015. You could also be chosen as one of our Top Three participants and earn a personalized Crafty Gals Top Three badge to put on your blog :-)
 
Thank you for stopping by today and for all your wonderful comments.
Till next time,
Happy Crafting!
 

 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I thought your card was oh-so-sweet, Lena! I haven't tried out a spinner card yet. I may have to put that in my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lena, I like the image and the fabulous design
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lena! Love your pretty swing card! You've inspired me to give one of those a try myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I think everybody wants to get a card like this for Valentine.
    Great job!!
    Marian’s creaties
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lena, thank you for visiting my blog and becoming my latest follower, I very much appreciate it, I too have joined yours so I will be popping in to see your lovely cards when ever you post.
    Take care, Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)