Saturday, January 3, 2015

HIMCR Challenge # 181 ~ Use Pinks!

Happy New Year everyone.  Our first challenge of the year at HIMCR is to use Pink and then more Pink :-)

Our sponsor for this challenge is Laurie from Hiding in My Craft Room.  She will be giving away a prize to one lucky participant.

I made this card for my little granddaughter - this was her very first New Year celebration.  She woke up at midnight and celebrated with us :-)  She was all smiles and had fun grabbing for everything shiny :-) She is such a darling! :-) {Says the proud grandma :-)}

 
I used the Cricut Teddy Bear Parade cartridge to make this fairy.  The clock was a die cut that my SIL gave me last year and since she is en route back to Holland as this post is going live, I cannot ask her where she got it from.  But, I will and then I will come back and edit this information :-)
The shiny pink paper is from Recollections, the polka dot paper is from The Paper Studio. Corner die is from Die-namics and the lacy die is from CottageCutz.  Gems are from my stash.
 
 
I know that the paper inside of this card looks to be a different colour, but it is the same shiny darker pink paper I used on the front of the card.  For some reason, it photographed this way.  The scalloped circle is a die from Spellbinders and the corners were cut with the same die from Die-namics.  Sentiment was computer generated and hearts were punched out using a little heart punch from Michaels dollar bin :-)
 
So, now it's your turn to grab all your pink papers and make a project to ring in the New Year and join in our fun :-)  You have till Saturday, 10 January 2015, 2:00 am PST to link your project to the Hiding in My Craft Room blog.  We do ask that you make a new project; no back links please.
 
Thank you for stopping by my blog.
I wish you a very Happy Crafting Year!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card! I know little Emma is really going to appreciate it someday! :)

    Hugs,
    Samantha xx
    Designs by Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous Lena, I like the sweet bear and the clock
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Granddaughter's Card is absolutely as precious as can be you did a Fabulous creative job for sure!! I know it will be treasured and kept for her forever!!
    You really did one outstanding job and your pics are beautiful but I do know the frustration of trying to get good photos of shiny paper...but yours turned awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute as can be, and Emma will love it! Thanks for sharing with us!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)