Saturday, January 31, 2015

HIMCR Challenge #185 ~ Freestyle!

Happy Saturday all! Hope you are having a great start to a great weekend.
To all my bloggie friends up North, I hope you all stay safe and warm :-)
 
http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/
 
It's the 5th Saturday of the month, at Hiding in My Craft Room, and that means that today's challenge is Freestyle!  Yup, that's right, you can create any project in any theme you want and all you have to do to join in our fun is to link it to our blog challenge #185!
 
http://www.bluemooncreation.net/
 
Our sponsor today is DigiDigiDoodle.
The prize is TBA.
 
 
Since it's Freestyle, I chose this sweet image from DigiDigiDoodle but made a Christmas card instead of a Valentine card.  I think this is probably the only New Year's resolution that I haven't broken yet! :-)  I'm really trying to make Christmas cards throughout the year, so I don't have a mad rush during November :-)
You can see from this photo, the shine on this beautiful red vellum paper that I bought at Hobby Lobby.  It's from the Paper Studio, as is the craft card base.
All other papers/cardstocks ~ from scraps drawers
 Twine & Sparkly Heart Brads ~ from stash
Mats for image ~ Spellbinders Large Oval and Scalloped Oval dies
Mats for sentiment ~ SU! oval punches
Sentiment Stamp ~ Cardz TV - Very Merry
Corner Holly ~ Lea'bilities die
 
 
Sentiment Stamp ~ GinaK Designs - Festive Frame
Holly Stamp ~ JustRite - Deck the Halls
Tiny Hearts ~ MS Punch
 
Okay, crafting friends, you know what to do! Just make sure you link you project by 2:00 am PST on Saturday, 7 February 2015!  Here is the link again for your convenience :-)
Not only is it fun to join our challenge but you will also stand a chance to win a fabulous prize from our sponsor, DigiDigiDoodle.
 
Thank you for stopping by today.
I wish you all a very enjoyable weekend.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lena,I like the image and the colours
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Christmas card! At first I thought it was going to be a Valentine's card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)