Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Sympathy Card

As like most of you, my crafting friends, these are the least favourite of the cards I make.  It's always for such a sad occasion, and there are never words adequate enough to console someone when they are grieving the loss of a loved one.


For this card, I used papers that I have had for a few years and no longer have any information on them, but I think that they were perfect for this card. I used an image from the GinaK's Vogue Vases 2 stamp set, and paper pieced the vase. I used the Spellbinders Oval and Floral Ovals dies to cut the image and the mat for it.
Ribbons and pearls are from my stash. 


I stamped a few sprigs on the inside to give it some interest. The sentiment is a from Stampabilities called Comfort of God's Love.

I sent this card to a dear friend, that I met in bloggie land, who recently lost her dad. I hope that my card lets her know that, although on the other side of the country, she is in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for stopping by today.
I will be back tomorrow with another Hiding in My Craft Challenge.



4 comments:

  1. Sympathy cards are hard to make, but this is so pretty and will definitely be appreciated. Love the way you "spruced up" the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely design for a difficult subject to create for
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SO much for this beautiful card! It means so much you took the time to send it. Your prayers mean so much. I love the paper and die cut you used. Beautiful! Thanks again my sweet friend. I hope to start commenting on your blog more.
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never made sympathy cards. Because I think it is difficult.
    But this one is beautifull.
    Marian’s creaties
    hugs Marian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)