Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Accordion Easter Card

Hello crafting friends and welcome back to my blog.  Today I have a card to share with you that I made using my newest toy, the Elizabeth Craft Accordion Oval die.
I've been eyeing these dies for a while, reading reviews and getting more confused with each one I read.  Some of you love these dies, while others don't find them very user friendly.  Well, I'm all about getting user friendly toys, but I have really liked these dies or a while, so I took the leap and bought one.
 Here is the Easter card I made for my hubby and let me tell you that I'm definitely joining those of you that like them :-) I didn't find it hard to use, it cut beautifully and I love its effect :-)  Oh, yes, I bought the additional Oval Flourish Frame too, just because I love the way it adds to the card.


Here's the front of the card when closed. As you can see, the flourished frame adds an element of elegance to this card. The cross with lilies image is a stamp from the Easter Blessings stamp set by JustRite. I used copic markers to colour it in and Dandelion Memento ink to sponge the yellow around the edge.  Both the light and darker cardstock have a shimmer to it that I just could not capture on a photo. You may be able to see it better on my little tip below.


And look how pretty it looks when it's opened! I chose other Easter images from a variety of stamps to finish this card. The tiger lily and greeting are also from the Easter Blessings stamp set.  The Easter basket and Easter eggs by the tiger lily are from a very old stamp set.


I have a little tip for you today ... do you see the very thin blue mat around the middle image?  Well, I wanted that effect, but didn't have an oval die that completely matched this particular oval, so I traced the original die around the outer edge and then cut it.  There was only one problem, I'm not very steady with a pair of scissors when it comes to ovals or circles :-) I always get these little sharp angles in there as you can see from the pic above.


Well, I have this handy dandy file to sharpen my paper nibs, so I figured it would probably work on the cardstock too, and voila!  After a few filing strokes, the little angles are less noticeable!  Any fine sandpaper will work just as well.  I hope this little tip helps those of you that have the same problem as me.  And if there are any of you with a better idea, I would love for you to share it with me :-)

Thank you so much for stopping by today.
I will be back tomorrow with another challenge from the Crafty Gals Corner, so till then
Happy Crafting!





3 comments:

  1. How lovely Lena, a really fabulous card for Easter
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful Easter card Lena, I like the design and the images you have used
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Lena WOW Your card is Magnificent!! I have never seen a card like this before girl you are just so stinkin' clever and creative you never cease to amaze me....You definitely once again have done one super outstanding job!! YOU so RCK!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)