Thursday, March 12, 2015

Cardz TV Challenge #5 ~ Spring!

TGIF! :-) I hope it's the start to a great weekend, bloggie friends. 


Welcome back to my blog and to challenge #5 at Cardz TV.  This week's challenge is to make a card for Spring.  The prize is a set of Cardz TV stamps, generously sponsored by Mary :-)



So here is what I came up with.  Can you see a little Dutch influence on this card? :-)
I have pics towards the bottom of this post showing you more on Hobby Dots.

I used the following supplies:
Cardstocks ~ Recollections
Card size ~ 5.25" x 5.25"
Delft Blue Corners ~ Hobby Dots - Set 011-01
Watering Can w/Tulips ~ Cottage Cutz Dies
Inside of the Card ~ Left over hobbydots - design created by me :-)



As you can see, this is a wonderful set to have.  It is one of my "go-to" sets as there is a greeting for every occasion :-)  To view/purchase this stamp set or any of the other wonderful sets you can click here.
While there, you can see the new release of the most adorable greetings and sentiments :-)

You have till noon EST on Thursday, 26 March 2015, to complete your Spring project and to link it to our challenge.  Can't wait to see all your wonderful creations :-)

There have been a few of you lovely followers that have asked me about Hobby Dots.  Well here are a few pics showing you what it's all about ...


This is how they come in a packet. You have the two or three sheets with the Hobby Dots and normally a decoupage sheet which has the template attached.


This is the template I used for the corners.  I did not use the decoupage image because I wanted to use the watering can with the tulips.  And that is the great thing about these Hobby Dots. They come with an entire kit to make a card, but you can change it anyway you want.  If you are creative enough, and want to take the time, you can even come up with your own pattern :-)  


And this is how I place the Hobby Dots on the card. You have to use a light box, then place some double sided tape and adhere your template.  You can then place your card over the template and position the Hobby Dots by following the pattern.  It's easy to do, just very time consuming.  But I think, in the end, it's worth it because it looks so pretty :-)

I hope that you enjoyed my card.
 Thank you for stopping by today and for all the encouraging comments that you take the time to leave on my blog :-)

Wishing you and yours a wonderful weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Lena,
    I absolutely love your card and it has a wonderful feeling of Spring ! Your watering can with the tulips is so pretty. It reminds me of the beautiful blues of the Dutch and your Delft corners are so making me think of Denmark. So verry pretty!!!
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful, Lena. Love the flowers in the corners and that watering can vase is so pretty. Love the shine on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Your card is absolutely beautiful WOW You really did one outstanding creative job the colors you chose are so perfect and to be honest it looks like a photo so WOW you really did an outstanding job with your special touches. Love the stamps!!
    YOU ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Lena, I like the tulips and the fabulous corners
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, girl, those dots are amazing! Beautiful card...awesome corners, and love that great stamp set! That's definitely a go to set! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This came out SO PRETTY! Makes me want some Hobby Dots!
    ♥ Samantha
    Designs by Sammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)