Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Crafty Gals Corner Challenge # 12 ~ Anything Goes

Happy Wednesday crafting friends!


 Our challenge for you at Crafty Gals Corner this week is one of my favourites, and I believe one of your favourites too :-)  It's Anything Goes!!!

We have two wonderful sponsors this week.  They are ...

Prize ~ $20 Gift Certificate

AND

Prize ~ $10 Gift Certifcate


Here is the card I made for this challenge and the list of supplies I used:
Image ~ Paper Nest Dolls - Dutch Girl Avery 
Cardbase ~ Recollections 6.5" x 5" - White
White Cardstock ~ SU! Whisper White
Yellow Cardstock ~ Recollections
Embossing Folder ~ Nellie Snellen - Windmill
Tulips ~ Impression Obsession Die
Lil Daisies ~ Fiskars Hand Punch
Chalks, Copics, Memento Stamp Inks for Colouring and Shading.


. I used my Cricut Explore to print and cut this cute lil Dutch girl :-) I collect souvenir dolls from around the world.  Every time we travel somewhere, I'm always on the look out for them.  Since we have been to Holland a few times, I've managed to collect a few, all from the different provinces.  This one was my inspiration for colouring in my image.  


I then tore some cardstock to make the hills.  And yes, I know that Holland doesn't have many hills, but let's just pretend that we are looking at the dykes :-)  I sponged these pieces and arranged them on the card.  The windmill and the tree are part of the same embossing folder.  I fussy cut them and placed them on the card. The reason for this is that my card is an A7 and the embossing folder is only an A2 size.  I used chalk tips to shade in the windmill and the tree.  After that I adhered my image to the center of the card and the flowers to where I thought they would look nice.  And that was it, pretty simple don't you think?

Now, it's your turn to grab your crafty supplies and join us in this challenge.  You have till noon on Tuesday, 31 March 2015 {which just happens to be my birthday :-)}to create your project and to link it up to our challenge # 12 at Crafty Gals Corner.  Not only will you be joining in the fun, but you will also stand in line to win one of the prizes from our very generous sponsors, Paper Nest Dolls and Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet.  And that's not all ... the DT gets to vote every week for our favourite top 3 cards!  If you are chosen, Samantha (our DT co-ordinator) will give you a PERSONALIZED Top 3 badge to display on your blog.  Do you see the many reasons why you have to get crafty and join our challenge?  So much fun! 

If you have a minute and need a little inspiration, stop by the blogs of my DT sisters.  You will be amazed at their wonderful creations.
Can't wait to see what you all create!

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Through the Purple Haze -  Anything Goes (3/27)
Paper Nest Dolls - Anything Goes (3/31)
Simon Says Stamps - Anything Goes (3/31)

Till next time,
Happy Crafting!

 



6 comments:

  1. Lena this is SOOO cute! Love love love the adorable little scene you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! You've created a fabulous scene for your little Dutch girl. Love that image too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very sweet and Dutch card.
    I just love it!!!!
    Hugs Marian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so very very sweet.....i love it.

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card! Such a sweet scene you created!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super gorgeous scene and great colouring! This would look perfect hanging on a wall!
    Thank you for joining us at The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge. Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)