Saturday, March 7, 2015

HIMCR Challenge #190 ~ Freestyle!

Happy Saturday crafting friends and welcome back to my blog.


Our challenge at Hiding in My Craft Room this week is Freestyle!  That means you can make whatever you want, however you want!  Easy peasy and fun :-)


Our sponsor this week is The Paper Temptress.
The prize is TBA.


My card was made using the beautiful Azalea Mica/Metallic cardstock for the base, and the Vintage Silver Lustre for the flourished overlay and butterfly. This is a cut file that I purchased from the Silhouette store. The gems are from my stash.
The greeting was computer generated and cut out with StampinUp punches.


Here is a side view so that you can see the effect of the butterfly.


I found this poem online a while back and put it in my "Sayings" stash.  I thought it was perfect for this card.
I can never capture the beauty of this paper on camera, but if you want to see this and more gorgeous papers, please visit The Paper Temptress here.

I made this card for my mom who is turning 80 next week.  She likes the clean, simple and elegant look and that is what I was trying to go for with this card.  But I have to tell you that when I look at it, I have my doubts that it is all that because I feel it may be a little blah.  What do you all think?

Well, my bloggie friends, you have till 2:00 am CST on Saturday, 14 March 2015, to make your project and to link it to our challenge, at Hiding in My Craft Room, in order to play along with us and to stand a chance of winning some wonderful cardstock and papers from The Paper Temptress.

As always, thank you for visiting my blog and for the bloggie love :-)




4 comments:

  1. I don't think it's Blah at all! I love the flourished overlay, the butterfly and the flourishes inside the card. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card and when you enlarge it you can see the beautifull paper better.
    I am sure your mother will love it.
    80 years???!!!!wow
    hugs Marian
    gspot.com/"<a href="http://fonke007.blo >Marian’s creaties</a>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Granny is going to love it! It's just gorgeous. The pink goes just perfectly with this card. The butterfly looks so cool, and pretty as a 3-d effect.
    ♥ Samantha
    Designs by Sammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)