Saturday, March 28, 2015

HIMCR Challenge # 193 ~ Any Holiday

It's Saturday and you know what that means, right?


It's challenge time at Hiding in My Craft Room and this week's challenge is Any Holiday? 
These are one of my favourites because I can catch up on making cards for the upcoming holiday :-)


Our sponsor this week is Die Cuts With a View. They have so many gorgeous paper and cardstock packs that there is bound to be one, or two, or many that you like :-)  If you don't have any papers from them, then take a moment and take a look here.  They are also sponsoring a $100 prize this week and there will be three winners, so triple the fun!

Without further ado, let me show you the Easter card I made for my little granddaughter, Emma.


If you have been following my blog, you know by now that I have used the Cricut Teddy Bear Parade cartridge to make all of her "First" cards, so since this will be her "first" Easter, I used it again to create the cute teddy bear bunny.


The other bunnies and the sweet little chicks were all cut from a Silhouette file.  This is probably a major faux pas in the crafty world, but yes, I did use both of my machines, the Cricut Explore for the Easter Bunny and the Silhouette for the other bunnies and chicks :-)  I just don't think that one machine is better than the other, I think they complement each other and I'm very blessed to have both.  On a personal note, the Explore is more user friendly and is able to cut the more intricate cuts beautifully, but the Silhouette has more design capabilities, so you see, they definitely complement each other.


Here are the other materials I used to make this side-step card.
Stamps ~ Cardz TV "Happy Days" and "Easter Punnies"
Grass ~ Fiskars Grass Punch
Butterflies ~ MS punch
Easter Eggs ~ Top Dog Dies - Easter Basket
Cloud ~ Memory Box Dies - Puffy Clouds

Now, remember that you have one week to make your project for any holiday of your choice and link it up to our challenge # 193 at Hiding in My Craft Room

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  I hope you've enjoyed my card.
Have a wonderful weekend.




5 comments:

  1. OMG Lena talk about the cutest card ever!!! I love your Easter Teddy gosh darn just so stinkin' ca-ute and the chickies and bunnies are so adorable and your pretty Easter eggs girl you just make the best cards. YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena this is just so cute, I like all the bunnies and chicks
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card for Emmy!!!
    I love it.

    Hugs Marian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adorable!! You did an AWESOME job!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is sooo adorable!!! Love it!! Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)