Friday, July 3, 2015

4th of July Firecracker

Good morning all.  Yesterday, I told you how much I love my Cricut Explore.  Today, I have to tell you how much I love my Silhouette.  I'm very lucky to have them both.  The card I'm sharing with you today was done using the Silhouette. I love all the different cards and images you can get from their store, especially the shaped cards.



From the pics above, you can see that the Silhouette also cuts beautifully.  I have had several people ask me what I think of both machines and which one I recommend.  That is very difficult for me because I love them both.  I find that the cricut is able to make more intricate cuts, it's quieter and user friendly.  The silhouette has a more sophisticated design program and allows you to do a lot more, but for me, not being very computer savvy in the first place, it is a little more difficult to use.  In the end I find that these two machines compliment each other, rather than compete against each other. Like I said, I love them both!

Supplies used for this card:

Silhouette Design # 60934
Red Cardstock - GinaK. - Cherry Red
White & Blue Cardstock ~ Paper Studio
Gold card stock - from scraps stash
Sentiment stamp ~ Cardz TV - Happy Days stamp set

I will be back tomorrow with a new challenge at Hiding in My Craft Room.
Thank you so much for stopping by and for all the lovely comments. I do appreciate each and every one of them!

Hugs,




7 comments:

  1. What a brilliant shaped card and perfect for tomorrow's celebrations where you are !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Super cute shaped card!! Very Festive!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lena! Have a great weekend! I posted a 4th card today too and would love you to take a look.
    Hugs,
    Em xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Lena your card is awesome. Love it definitely a FUNTABULOUS card!!
    Yep it's fun to play with all our toys. Thanks for sharing your creative fun!!
    YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the awesome shape! It's so fun! Love the colors! I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!!!!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice card. Love the shape.
    xxx
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! I have made this card a couple different times already :) I love seeing Snapdragon Snippets files in action. I invite you to share it on either the SVG Attic or SnapDragon Snippets Facebook pages :)
    Beth
    Beth's Beauties

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)