Thursday, July 2, 2015

Mickey & Minnie Celebrate the 4th of July :-)

Hi bloggie friends.

Today I would like to share with you a card I made for my little granddaughter for the 4th of July.  She is the first little American born in our family.  A little fun info to share with you about my family ~ I'm Portuguese, my hubby is Dutch. Our kids are South African (born). My brother is also Portuguese, his wife is British and my little nephew is Canadian (born).  My other SIL is Dutch.  Now my daughter is married to an American and my little granddaughter is also an American, a real Texas sweetheart :-)  It's always fun when we meet friends for the first time and they ask "Where y'all from?"  :-)

Anyway, back to my card ...


I love my Cricut Explore!  I made this center panel card using the Print 'n Cut feature.  Do you see how well all the colours match?  I could have cut the bunting and the flag in layers, but I didn't have any matching card stock so decided to print it all.  I love using my Disney cuts again. No more fussing with itty bitty little pieces like the tongues and eyes.  Love, love, love my Cricut Explore! :-)  It cuts beautifully.  Just look at how it cut those thin little mouse tails! I used the Mickey and Friends cartridge to cut Mickey and Minnie, and the Independence Day cartridge for the flag and the bunting.

Other supplies used:

Red card stock ~ GinaK.'s - Cherry Red
Embossing folder ~ Cuttlebug - Christmas Stars
Greeting stamp ~ Cardz TV - Happy Days Stamp Set

I will be back tomorrow to share another 4th of July card with you.

Till then,
Happy Crafting.

Hugs,





3 comments:

  1. What a darling little card! Thanks for sharing and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Lena What an adorable card...You really did a Funtabulous creative job....great recipe share for your Explore adventure. Your granddaughter is going to love it!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)