Saturday, August 15, 2015

HIMCR Blogiversary Celebration ~ Challenge # 212a

Happy Saturday everyone and welcome back.  You're in for a treat today!


We are celebrating Hiding in My Craft Room's 6th Blog Anniversary!  So come celebrate with us and join in the fun.  We will have another 3 challenges for you - one per hour on the hour, so stay tuned and enjoy! :-)

Our first challenge for you is to  make a scrapbook page. It can be of anything you want, so now is the time to get out those scrapbooks and work on them :-)


Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is Laurie from HIMCR.
The prize is a Space Party Cricut Cartridge. 

This is the first layout  I've done of our snorkeling adventure in Cozumel last month.



As you can see, I tend to keep my scrapbook pages very simple. This is mostly because I normally have a lot of pics.  I can never choose just one or two because they all seem equally important to me. So I just tend to use a bit of DP and a few embellishments and call it good.  Also, this is my son's scrapbook, so flowers, ribbons, bling and such would not be appreciated :-)

Supplies used:
Blue card stock ~ Ocean Wonders # 7 by Ella & Viv Paper Co.
Starfish card stock ~ Gathering Seashells by Graphic 45
Teal card stock ~ Paper Studio
Dies used ~ Spellbinders Circles (Large)
Title ~ Pooh Font Cartridge - cut with Cricut Explore

I printed my journaling on vellum, then fussy cut a few starfish to cover the glue dots I used to adhere the vellum to the page.  Also fussy cut another few starfish and used them as embellishments.

I hope you have enjoyed this first challenge and are gathering all your photos,etc. to join us.  You have till next Saturday, August 22 at 2:00 am CST to link your project to challenge #212a at Hiding in My Craft Room.
I will be back in an hour with another challenge.

Till then,
Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. What awesome scrapbook pages. I love the papers, the pictures, the things you added! All work perfectly together.
    ♥ Samantha
    Designs by Sammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)