Saturday, August 8, 2015

It's SSS at Hiding in My Craft Room

Good morning bloggie buddies, it's Super Scrap Saturday at Hiding in My Craft Room.  Yup, that's our challenge for you this week.  I love this challenge, although to be honest with you, I don't seem to make a dent in my scraps drawer, in fact sometimes, I think I add more to it :-)  I really need to  ruthlessly throw out the itty bitty pieces of scraps but "I may just need that lil piece" :-)


 Our wonderful sponsor this week is Laurie from Hiding in My Craft Room and she has two prizes, so that means there will be two winners!
The prizes are a Space Party Cricut Cartridge or a  Robot Party Cricut Cartridge.  Winner's choice!

Now onto my card for this challenge.  Since it is for my Uncle, and it is going overseas, I tried to make it a manly card without too many layers.



Supplies used to make this card:

Card base ~ Recollections 6.5" x 5" - white
Silver card stock ~ No info. - scraps drawer
Red card stock ~ No info. - scraps drawer
Black card stock ~ No info.- scraps drawer
Happy Birthday ~ Silhouette - design # 42909
Embossing Folder ~ Cloudy Sky - Darice
Spitfire Die ~ Frantic Stamper
Stars ~ Studio G. punch
Stamped Sentiment ~ Good Times - Cardz TV
Blue chalk used for the blue sky.

I had fun making this card. Looking back at it, I should have chalked in the sky a little more and made it a little bit more blue, but it's already on it's way overseas, so next time :-)

You have till 2:00 am CST on Saturday, 15 August 2015, to link your project to our challenge #211 at Hiding in My Craft Room.  I can't wait to see the wonderful creations you will come up with to play along with us.

Till next time,
Happy Crafting


9 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the fun embossed background! Cool clouds!!
    Totally cute!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card Lena wonderful design
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card you made. Have a great weekend.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card you made. Have a great weekend.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great masculine birthday card! Love the colors you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lena, this is SO cute! Ahem.. I mean... so masculine, yeah that. I really like the soft, subtle colors of the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love masculine cards but can never seem to make them well! You did an awesome job on this one!
    ♥ Samantha
    Designs by Sammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)