Saturday, October 3, 2015

Monochromatic Challenge at HIMCR

 Hello crafting friends, and welcome back to my blog.


Our challenge this week at Hiding in My Craft Room is Monochromatic!  While I was making my card, I thought this would be a challenge indeed.  I've been making cards for 6 years and I have never done a card in a monochromatic colour scheme!




Our wonderful sponsor this week is Graciellie Designs
The prize ~ 1 Digital Set

I used one of the beautiful doilies from the Doily Flowers Digital Stamp set by Graciellie Designs to make this Sympathy card. You can't see it properly from the pic (I had the darnest time photographing this card), but the doily is a light shade of lilac.






Card stocks are all from my scraps drawer.  The butterfly is a die cut made with the Viviene Butterfly die from Memory Box.  I added some pearls and a  ribbon to finish the card. I also went over the butterfly with a clear Wink of Stella pen to give it a slight shine.


I hope you enjoyed looking at my card. Now, it's your turn to make a monochromatic card and join in the fun with us.  This challenge, #219,  runs till 2:00 am on Saturday, 10 October 2015.  Take a few minutes and visit the Hiding in My Craft Room blog to see all the lovely creations my teamies made for your inspiration. Can't wait to see all your wonderful creations!
I'm going to share this card at the lovely Becca's blog to support the end of Domestic Violence, at


Till next time,
God Bless

18 comments:

  1. This is stunningly beautiful, Lena!! It's so pristine and elegant! P.S. - it's also totally purple and would make a perfect entry over at the Hop to Stop Domestic Violence. ;) http://damselofdistressedcards.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-hop-to-stop.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popping in from The Hop to Stop. This is so pretty, Lena. A very elegant sympathy card. I like the soft doily behind the butterfly. I appreciate your support of Domestic Violence Awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive never been big on digital stamps, but this background doily is so sweet and delicate! WHat a beautiful card, I love the sediment on the inside, thank you for sharing your talents and supporting such a great cause

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely sympathy card. That delicate butterfly is a good reminder of the life to come, too. Love the subtle doily stamp too. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty!..love that sentiment too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, butterfly die-cut is beautiful and backed with such a soft doily image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely, elegant card. I'm hoping you don't need to use it soon, but it will surely bring great comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL card, inside & out!!!
    LOVE your DELICATE butterfly & doily, LOVE your ELEGANT design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from the Hop to Stop to let you know that I love your card!! Dainty yet strong! Survivors of Domestic Violence are like butterflies because they live in the cocoon of the violence and once they escape they are opening up to all things good and free! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love butterfly creations. They have a special meaning to me. This is gorgeous!!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous color combination! Everything looks so balanced and crisp! Very petty!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lena, it's gorgeous! I've just now linked up my creation for the hop and hope you'll stop by.

    Hugs,
    Em AKA Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautifully delicate card. I love the pearls on the butterfly. The sentiment is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sympathy cards are never my favorite to make, but this card is absolutely beautiful and soft!
    ♥ Samantha
    Designs by Sammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)