Wednesday, October 7, 2015

It's Dude! week at Crafty Gals Corner

Good morning bloggie friends.

  

Our challenge for you this week, at Crafty Gals Corner, is DUDE!! So all you have to do is make a project for that special man or men in your life and link it to our challenge to play along.

Our wonderful sponsor this week is:

Prize ~ 3 Digital Images

I made this scrapbook page using their very cute image called "Martial Arts Boy" . Isn't he precious? I thought it was perfect to incorporate him in the title.



This layout is long overdue.  This TaeKwonDo Black Belt award was in December of 2003! That was almost 12 years ago and believe it or not, I stopped scrapbooking at the time because after so many belts, I just had no idea how to continue.  I'm a chronological scrapper, so I just had to get this page done before continuing.  When I saw the image from our sponsor this week, I thought of how this might work and just ran with it :-) I'm happy with the way it came out although it's not quite what I had envisioned.
The Ying Yang sign, trophy and letters were all cut using my Cricut Explore.  As were the dragon and the ninja stars.  On the second pic, you can better see the lil Martial Arts boy which I cut at 3"

Maybe now that this hurdle is over, I can continue with my son's scrapbook.  I look at this photo and wonder where the last 12 years have gone to.  I really need to get with the program and catch up.  I need to catch up on my daughter's too :-) I also stopped at her Black Belt testing.  Of course, the other problem is that I'm having a blast making cards and there are just so many hours in one day :-)

Well, bloggie friends, I will have to figure something out.  I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog today.  You have till noon, CST, on Tuesday, 13 October 2015, to link your project to our challenge # 40, "DUDE!!", at Crafty Gals Corner.  I can't wait to see all your manly creations.

Please take a few moments and visit our blog to see all the wonderful creations that my DT sisters have made for your inspiration.  While you there, please read through the rules for this challenge.

Before I leave you, I just want to mention that I'm going to link this project to KennyK's challenge of the week, which is Happy Everything! :-)  After so many years of blood, sweat and yes, even some tears, this was definitely a Happy Day :-)

Till next time,
God Bless,

7 comments:

  1. Lena - what a great layout. I think it turned out awesome! Just keep going, one page at a time. You're right about there being only so many hours in a day. I've been scrapbooking for about 5 years on and off and have a few layouts made. But I have 30 years of pictures of my kids to scrap and now I have pictures of grandkids to scrap. I too like to scrapbook chronologically. I know I never will catch up. But your layout and story has inspired me to just start scrapbooking again one page at a time. I enjoy your blog and look forward to seeing more layouts.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena - what a great layout. I think it turned out awesome! Just keep going, one page at a time. You're right about there being only so many hours in a day. I've been scrapbooking for about 5 years on and off and have a few layouts made. But I have 30 years of pictures of my kids to scrap and now I have pictures of grandkids to scrap. I too like to scrapbook chronologically. I know I never will catch up. But your layout and story has inspired me to just start scrapbooking again one page at a time. I enjoy your blog and look forward to seeing more layouts.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout! I wish they had these kinds of stamps when my son was taking martial arts. Better late than never :-) Love the saying in the corner too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous, Lena and I'm sure it's been worth the wait. There's a perfect time for everything and this was it for the layout. Grin.
    Hugs,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is so cool Lena! I love how you added the KennyK stamp into this page - looks marvelous!

    Thank you for sharing your talent with us at KennyK´s Krafty Krew Challenge Blog. Good luck and hope to see you back soon!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS layout Lena!!!
    I TOTALLY relate to your "roadblock" and FEEL your PAIN!!!
    Have you considered trying some pocket pages to do some catching up? I found it to be an easier way to include more photos and journaling (I struggle choosing just one or two pics and usually bad at journaling, so it is a win-win for me). I confess that cardmaking gives me much more pleasure but I found a roadblock with illness earlier this year, then when I started crafting again, I had a milestone birthday card that was overdue and for some reason I could not start working on any pending cards until I got that one done, so even more become belated ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a perfect, masculine layout! I love the dark colors, and the picture! So awesome!
    ♥ Samantha
    Designs by Sammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)