Saturday, September 3, 2016

Best Fishes

Happy Saturday!
Yes, Fall has come to my blog.  I know it's not officially Autumn yet, but having lived in South Africa for so many years, I got used to the 1st of September being Spring Day.  So now that I live in the US, I decided that the 1st of September for me is Fall Day!  It also gives me an added incentive to decorate my home and garden with all the wonderful warm and rich colours of  the season :-)

Today I'm sharing a card with you that I made for my son who started his 3rd year of university.
Isn't it cute? When I saw a tutorial of this card on Yainea's blog, I just knew I had to try my hand at it, and I must admit, I'm so happy with the way it came out :-)


It looks so real :-) It's a water shaker!
And the best part, it's really easy to make! If you want to learn how to make one of these cards, then please click on the link above.


See how the water moves around when  you shake it.
 It's such a fun card :-)


I added some of the bubbles paper to the inside to bring it all together and left the rest blank to write my own personal message.

Items used to make this card:
Card base - Recollections 6.5" x 5"
Card stock - Bazzill - Blue Calypso
DP - Doodlebug Designs - Anchors Aweigh
 Lawn Fawn - Fintastic Friends stamp & die set
Copic markers used to colour image.

I hope you enjoyed your visit today and were able to draw a little inspiration from my card.
Have a blessed weekend.
Hugs,


5 comments:

  1. That is realy a nice card.
    I looked at the tutorial and I am going to try too.
    Good job.
    Hugs Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile Lena gorgeous card!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so stinking cute, for sure! I bet your son got a big kick out of it! Very adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable, I love your card

    and Thank for your always encouraging me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)