Friday, September 30, 2016

October Challenge at CCAYR ~ Use Orange

Hello and welcome back crafting friends.  I can't believe September is already gone and October is here!  Just two more months and it's time to start mailing out all those Christmas cards to family and friends!


Our challenge for you this month is to use a little (or a lot) of orange on your project.

Our sponsor this month is 

Prize ~ TBA

There is also a prize from Deanne, our DT coordinator.  You will be able to see what it is by visiting the CCAYR blog.

I must admit that when I saw this challenge, I was a little stumped! I'm a very traditional Christmas colours kinda girl - green, red and gold are my favourite although and I do love blue, silver and white.  Well, I put my thinking cap on ... or maybe it's my crafting cap in this instance, and since I enjoy a challenge, I went to work and here is what I came up with ...




Do you think there is enough orange? :-)
I do love the way it came out and I have a very special person in mind to send this card to.  I used several  Memento inks to sponge in the sunset.  Tore a few pieces of brown cardstock from GinaK to make the sand hills.  I used the same dark chocolate brown cardstock to cut out the Nativity Border, which is a die from Cottage Cutz.  I cut the palm trees part again and put it on the inside of the card for a little more interest.  The stamp is from Cardz TV Glad Tidings set.

Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed your visit today and will play along with us.  Please take a few minutes and visit the Christmas Cards All Year 'Round blog to see all the wonderful projects my DT sisters have made.  Remember that we now have two teams ~ The Gingerbread Gals, who post on the 1st of each month and the Christmas Belles, who post on the 15th as a reminder and further inspiration for you :-)

Till next time,
Crafting Hugs,

3 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job with the background which I absolutely LOVE!!
    Stunning!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Lena. I love the silhouette look.
    Hugs,
    Em xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)