Monday, November 21, 2016

Caring Hearts Card Drive

About two weeks ago, I came upon this card drive on Jennifer McGuire's blog.  It was started by a very talented crafter,  Vera Yates, 7 years ago and it has been growing every year!  You can read all the details on Jennifer's blog or on Vera's blog.

I decided to play along and made 100 cards to donate to this great cause. So here is what 100 A2 size cards look like :-)


As you can see, I made a variety of cards. I used 2 packs of A2 size cards and envelopes from The Paper Studio. Below are close ups of most of the different designs I made, with a little bit of information on the supplies I used.


These were made using papers from The Paper Studio, card stock from GinaK, Divine Swirl embossing folder and ovals from Spellbinders. Santa chippies are also from The Paper Studio.


To make these cards, I played with my new stamp and die set from StampinUp called Star of Light.
Card stock is from GinaK. 


Card stocks are from GinaK. I used the Christmas Holly embossing folder for the background on some of them.  On the others, I used the Diagonal Stripes embossing folder.
The candy cane was cut using Cricut Explore.
I added stickles to the berries for a little sparkle.


I used card stock from GinaK. and a variety of snowflake papers from The Paper Studio.
The snowman was cut using the Cricut Explore. I added a little green sprig with some berries to his hat to make it more Christmas-sy :-)  Isn't he such a happy fellow? I hope he brings joy to who ever receives it!


I decided to add a design that is more religious.  After all, you can't have Christmas without Religion.  It is a celebration of Jesus' birthday.  The blue card stock is from GinaK, the silver card stock is from Recollections. I stamped the image, a stamp by Stampendous called Travelling Far, using VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with silver super fine detail embossing powder from Ranger.


Green, White and Red card stock are from GinaK. I used the WRMK Quilted embossing folder on the mittens and The Paper Studio Snowflakes embossing folder on the background.  The design is from the Silhouette store and the snowflake was cut using a MS punch.


Another religious card made using a Silhouette design. Card stock is from GinaK. Used the Swiss Dots embossing folder on the background.


This jolly old fellow was cut using the Cricut Explore. Card stock is from GinaK. Divine Swirl embossing folder used on the background. He's such a happy Santa - must be the expectation of  all those cookies on Christmas Eve :-)


Well, when you put 100 cards into a box, it doesn't look like much, does it?  But let me tell you that it did take me quite a while to get them all done, but I enjoyed every minute of it! Now that I know that this card drive runs every year from the beginning of October till Thanksgiving, I'm going to try to make more for next year.  If you enjoy making cards, maybe you can join in too! :-)

Thanks for stopping by and allowing me to share these cards with you.
Wishing my American friends a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Till next time
Crafty hugs,


8 comments:

  1. Well done Lena,they are all beautiful!!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Lena WOW you sure created 100 Spectacula cards!! Love how you made a wide variety so there's something for everyone!! You sos did a Super Outstanding Creative Job!! TFS!!
    YOU SO ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joan :-)
      I had fun making them and it is for such a worthy cause!

      Delete
  3. They are all stunning, Lena! Love them all, and you ;)
    Hugs,
    Em xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are wonderful, Lena!! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I adore the Mickey characters on your bog and your signature! Second - WOW on these 100 cards. You did an incredible job with great variety. I've never heard of this card drive, so I'm bookmarking it for next year. Thank you for sharing your cards and this cause. Have a wonderful, magical day! Hugs! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work, Lena! You made so many! Very impressive! This is a wonderful cause and one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)