Thursday, March 30, 2017

Challenge #6 at Cardz TV ~ Anything Goes

Happy Friday crafting friends!
Welcome to our 6th challenge at Cardz TV.


As always, our challenge is Anything Goes.
Prize ~ A stamp set from Cardz TV.

For this challenge, I have a sweet box to share with you that I made for my mom's birthday.  But first, let me tell you the story of how this box came into being :-)  At 82, my mom says that she has everything :-) Since she is here in the US visiting with us for a few months, I decided to give her cash so she could buy herself a souvenir.  I didn't want to just give her the cash, so I asked my son's girlfriend, who loves origami, to make something pretty with the notes and she made this beautiful flower.



Well, I decided there and then that I had to make a box worthy of this flower. So, using my silhouette, I cut this precious little box and decorated it.





I used core'dinations card stock from the Jewel collection, to make the box and lid, and Bazzill card stock for the white trimming. I added a row of pearls, from The Paper Studio, around the top edge of the box. I then adhered 3 pretty white azaleas, from Wild Orchid Crafts,  to the center of the lid. I finished it all off with a Happy Birthday tag. For this tag I used Tiny Doilies dies from My Craft Spot and stamped the greeting with a stamp from the Happy Days stamp set from Cardz TV.  If you follow my blog, you know by now that this is one of my favourite sets. It's extremely versatile as it has lots of "Happy" greetings :-)
Take a quick look ...


Isn't it wonderful?  I also wanted to let you know that Mary has three brand new stamp sets in her store. These are ...




You can view and/or purchase theses and other Cardz TV stamp sets HERE
I'm so excited about these new stamp sets! Can't wait to play with them :-)

You could win one of these fabulous sets just by playing along with us! Our challenges run for two weeks, so you have till noon, EST on 13 April, 2017 to link your project to the Cardz TV blog.  Remember, for more inspiration, please visit the blog and take a look at the beautiful projects my very talented DT sisters made for you.  Can't wait to see all your beautiful creations!

Crafty hugs, 

3 comments:

  1. What a creative and thoughtful gift this is!! The origami flower looks amazing!! The box you made for it is so beautiful!! Your Mom will adore this!! Happy birthday to her!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flower and beautiful box.
    Hugs,
    Em xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure your mother loves the card.
    Such a nice way to give money!!!

    Marian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)