Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Make it Bling! at Crafty Gals Corner

Hello crafting friends. Hope you're all doing well!
Time for a new challenge at Crafty Gals Corner!


Challenge #122 ~ Make it Bling!

Our sponsor this week is:

The Paper Shelter
Prize ~ $15 Gift Certificate

I used a pre-coloured image called Penguin Friends from The Paper Shelter.
As soon as I saw this cutie, I knew I wanted to use her as the focal point of my card.  So I grabbed my hobby dots card kit, my light box and spent a couple of very relaxing hours putting it all together.



I was so lucky that I had hobby dots in just the right shades of blue and green to match my pre-coloured image.


As you can see on the above pic, all the hobby dots are really shiny. I added some poinsettias in blue to adorn the corners of the card and to mat the image. This is Powder Blue card stock from GinaK.


Here is a close up giving you a better look at the bling. I added 3 little silver metal gems to the centre of each flower, which was cut with the Holly Frame die from Spellbinders.  The little green sprigs were punched out using a MS punch.


On the inside of the card, I added another two little poinsettias and a stamped greeting from Great Impression Stamps.

Thank you so much for stopping by today.   Now it's your turn to make a project, add bling,   and come  play along with us this week.   You have till noon, CST, on Tuesday, 16 May 2017, to link your project to the Crafty Gals Corner blog.

Till next time, happy crafting!
Hugs,

7 comments:

  1. This is so adorable!! What a sweet image!! I love how you framed her!! The flowers are a beautiful touch!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. A different image, a different circle frame design and a really sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty card Lena, your details are beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pre-colored image is precious!!Super sweet card!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful card Lena!
    Love your image, love the colours and design too!
    ... not heard of hobby dots card kits before, going to look them up now => Thank You for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)