Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Crafty Gals Corner Blog Hop

Hello crafting friends! Welcome to the Crafty Gals Corner Blog Hop! We do these blog hops twice a year in order to welcome our newest team members! Some of these lovely ladies have extra candy you can win, in addition to the sponsor prize!

Our sponsor this week is:

Prize ~ $10 Gift Certificate

In order to win the sponsor prize you need to leave a comment ON EACH of the gals below.  Each of these gals has a letter you must collect. At the end of the hop return to the Crafty Gals Corner post and leave a comment with the Secret Word!

Using Lily Mermaid, I created this card for my son's girlfriend who turned 21.


It's an easel card. I used a variety of dies from Marianne Designs and Cottage Cutz to create this underwater scene. Since I'm a tropical girl at heart and love anything and everything to do with the sea/ocean, I had loads of fun putting this card together.


 Here is a pic showing the front of the card, closed flat for mailing.


And here is a pic of the inside. I love this message in the bottle die from Cottage Cutz. I computer generated the greeting. All my card stock is GinaK's. I used Memento Teal Zeal ink to sponge in the background and Memento Desert Sand to shade in the large scallop die.  I find it tedious to cut each die out of individual colours, so normally cut them all in white and then use my copic markers colour them in with my colour of choice. The little bottle was cut out of clear acetate and vellum.  When you layer them together, you get the appearance of frosted glass. 

In addition to the sponsor prize that you can win by hopping along with us, I have a little package of crafty goodness to give away.  All you have to do is leave a comment on this post.  I will pick a winner on Tuesday night and announce it in next week's post.  Oh, yes, I almost forgot to tell you that Samantha, our team leader, has shaken things up a bit this term.  We now have two teams at Crafty Gals Corner.  We have the Crafty Belles, which I'm proud to belong to, and the Scrappy Gals. Each team will host the Crafty Gals Corner challenges on alternate weeks. Now for a pic of my blog hop candy ...


Just in case you lose your way, here is a list of the blog hop order to help you along your way.

Lena  { You are here and my letter is "L"}

Well, crafting friends, I hope you enjoyed my card and will join in this fun blog hop. Not only will you get to meet all of our new team mates, but you will enjoy loads of inspiration along the way.  Now before I go, I will tell you that my letter is "L" for Lena!   Nah, just a happy coincidence :-)  You have till noon, CST on Tuesday, 11 July 2017, to play along with us and to link your project to the Crafty Gals Corner blog.

Till next time, happy crafting!


29 comments:

  1. Your work always amazes me, Lena! I'm so glad we're teammies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your underwater scene,Lena!So happy to be in the same team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsers!! What a fantastic easel card!!! Every surface is so perfect and compliments the finished work to a "T"
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this!! Lily Mermaid is so gorgeous!! You've showcased her so perfectly!! The design and dies you used are beautiful!! I love, love this so much!! Stunning, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with your card - it's beyond beautiful!! I am so glad we're on the team together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love how you made it into an easel card Brilliant!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG love this design! Very unique and wonderfully made! I love your embellishments and everything compliments the beautiful mermaid. -Noemi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is stunning. I am sure your son's girlfriend will love this mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lena your easel card is amazing. Thank you so much for the warm welcome and all the help you have given me. I am proud to be a member of Crafty Gals Corner Challenges. Big Hugs, Jana

    ReplyDelete
  10. DELIGHTFUL card Lena!
    LOVE it ALL, inside and out!
    Your mermaid scene is beautiful and your fancy folds fabulous!
    It's wonderful being a Crafty Gal with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love mermaids and you coloured this card beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a creative card you have here! That mermaid is awesome!

    So happy to be part of a wonderful Crafty Team with you!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, Lena! What a gorgeous easel! Love your coloring and the fabulous combination of die cuts. Truly a stunning make. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a special card, you've paid lots of attention to detail, all these die cuts complement the image and scene perfectly! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lena, you are such a sweetheart! You truly brought a smile to my face with your wonderful comments on my blog today. Thank you for being so lovely 😘 I LOVE your easel card! (I have something very similar in the wings 😉) LOVE your die cuts and what you've done with this adorable image! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lena, OMG this card is amazing! I love not only your amazing colorizing of the image but also your three dimensionality of the card! I am truly honored to be on this design team with all of you! I can't wait to learn from all of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done! My daughter would love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous Lena. Adore the addition of the shells.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card design Lena and so beautifully coloured!!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, amazing creation, I love your design!
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and thank you for the chance to win this great candy too.
      hugs xx

      Delete
  21. Very pretty easel card. Love your coloring and under the sea embellies. And a scene on every angle, quite clever!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow...it's beautiful, Lena. And what a lovely colours you've used! Love the shape and the dies you've used too!
    Thanks for the chance to win your wonderful candy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is gorgeous!! I love your colors

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous card! Love the coral and net die :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card design Lena! So glad to be a Crafty Gals Corner Teamie with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)