Thursday, August 31, 2017

Jingle Bells

Welcome back, crafting friends. 
OMGoodness, can you believe it's September already?
 This year is just speeding by. 
And yes, I know that Fall doesn't officially begin until the 22nd, but growing up in South Africa,  Spring celebrations begin on the 1st.  Now, living in the US, I decided that I'm starting my Fall celebrations on the 1st too - thus the change in my blog background and header :-)
Now that we have that established, let me tell you about our new challenge at CCAYR, hosted by the Gingerbread Gals.


September challenge ~ Add Leaves!
Prize ~  please visit the CCAYR blog

 Another stitched card from me.   I added a few red gems for the berries and a few gold metal "pearls" on the bells.  I also adorned each corner with the smallest size of the same gems. I was encouraged by a friend to use water colour pencils to colour in the leaves, bow and bells, but to be honest with you, I'm a little intimidated doing that! So I think I will just leave it as is.  Yes, there is a little too much white, but maybe I can just call it CAS? :-)



For the inside, I stamped the Fancy Merry & Bright greeting from Great Impression stamps.  I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, so that I could add a little bit of colour with my copic markers.

 Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoyed your visit and will play along with us.  Please take a few minutes and visit the Christmas Cards All Year 'Round blog to see all the wonderful projects made by The Gingerbread Gals.  And don't forget to come back on the 15th, when the Christmas Belles will post their projects for our mid-month inspiration.

Till next time,
Happy Crafting

6 comments:

  1. So stunning!! The stitched bells look amazing!! I love the inside, too!! Gorgeous card, my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a festive creation, Lena! Love the design, and the beautiful traditional Christmas colors. Thanks for the inspiration for the holidays, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation Lena and your new blog look is FABULOUS!! Well done! Hope you are doing better these days ... bug hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Lena... your new card is stunning! Christmas bells are so special to me and the fact that these are stitched... I am just in love. :) Truly beautiful in every way. Speaking of which, your blog looks amazing! I love everything harvest and upon visiting, my heart sparkled extra bright. :) Have a wonderful weekend, my dear friend. :)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Yu are becomming a pro with stiching!!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)