Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Catching Up

Hello crafting friends. I've had a few emails from you asking about me and I can't tell you how blessed I feel that you took the time to ask. So here is a quick note of why I've been MIA ...

I'm blaming it all Harvey.  Thankfully, we did not flood.  The water came up to the sidewalk but that's where it stayed.  However, when we saw the water come up to the curb, we starting taking all our important and precious positions upstairs and soon, it was a real mess up there.  Important documents, scrapbooks and small electronics littered the pool table, suitcases with clothes lined the walls, medicines, other first aid items, cases of water, etc. were put where ever there was still space.  Then we went around the downstairs and put up everything we could.  My hobby room took a while to get done and by the end, everything was buried everywhere and not an spot on my desks or counters was to be found.  It was quite a somber experience, thinking that it may all go to waste if the flood waters took over.  But after 4 days of stressing and lots of praying, we felt very Blessed as we were fine.  When we look around our area and see the devastation ... it really makes you appreciate what you have and how you fared through this storm. Our hearts and prayers go out to all those who lost everything and who are still flooding now, almost two weeks later, due to rivers overflowing their banks.  There are families that lost family members to the flood waters and for those I pray that God may envelope them in His comfort and care.  That, after all, is the ultimate loss.

For us now, it's just a matter of putting the house back to order.  It's going real slow because to add to all this, I hurt my neck on Thursday before Harvey arrived, so have had to cope with it all wearing a neck brace.  But again, I still feel very Blessed.  I had my family here with me during the storm, so I did not have to worry about any of them being in danger. And my neck is finally feeling better to where I'm not wearing the darn brace anymore :-)

So crafting friends, I'm slowly getting back to crafting and will share my first project with you tomorrow. In the meantime, thank you all for your good wishes and your prayers.  I can't promise that I will catch up on all the comments, but I will try.

Till tomorrow,
Big hugs

3 comments:

  1. I am so thankful you are okay, Lena, and you were spared by the flood waters. The devastation is horrible. My thoughts and prayers are with all those affected...and by the ones in the path of the latest hurricane. I'm glad you neck is feeling better, too. Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased to hear that you are safe and well Lena xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continued prayers for you and all affected by Harvey's wrath.
    Gentle hugs,
    Em xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)