How To Make Vegan Banana & Walnut Bread . We love a slice of banana bread with crunchy walnuts and sweet dates, warm from the oven. This vegan version is great for breakfast or with an afternoon cuppa.
Recipe Vegan banana & Walnut Bread
- 50g coconut oil or sunflower oil, plus extra for the tin
- 200g self-raising flour
- 25g ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75g light muscovado sugar
- 4 dates , finely chopped
- 3-4 very ripe bananas , mashed
- 3 tbsp soya milk
- 75g walnut pieces, toasted
How to make :
- STEP 1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Brush a 450g loaf tin with a little oil then line with baking parchment.
- STEP 2. Mix the flour, almonds, baking powder, sugar and dates. Beat together the mashed banana and oil, then combine it with the flour mixture. Add the soya milk to loosen the mixture, fold in the walnuts and scrape the mixture into the tin.
- STEP 3. Bake for 1 hr, covering the top if it starts to look too brown. Insert a skewer into the centre of the cake – it should come out clean. If not, return to the oven and cook for a further 10 mins. Cool for 15 mins before taking it out of the tin.