How to make a home-style disinfectant - There are various ways that can be done to avoid the spread of the corona virus or COVID-19, one of which is by making disinfectants. Disinfectants are cleaning fluids generally made from hydrogen peroxide, creosote or alcohol.
The aim is to kill bacteria, viruses, germs and other harmful microorganisms found in the room or the surface of inanimate objects. In addition, disinfectants can also be used to clean the surfaces of objects that most people touch such as door handles, tables, chairs, buttons on elevators and others.
The chlorine content is aadav which functions to kill viruses, including the Corona virus. In fact, disinfectants can be made at home using household cleaning products.
The recommended types of disinfectants are bleach containing sodium hypchlorite or carbolic cleaner containing benzalkonium chloride. Both of these products are considered effective at killing bacteria.
Although both of these ingredients are often used they still carry the risk of irritation and damage to the skin, so it is important to add water before using them. The two mixtures are considered sufficient for making disinfectants so there is no need to add other chemicals because they can be dangerous.
The tools that need to be prepared:
- Plastic spray bottle
- Bottle with cap
- Face mask
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of bleach or carbolic solution for 1 liter of water
- Clean water
As for how to make it :
- first, pour the cleaning liquid or carbolic liquid into the bottle carefully. Then add clean water and stir until well blended.
- Second, close the bottle tightly and shake it gently so that the bleach or carbolic liquid can be completely mixed with water.
- Third, if the bleach or carbolic liquid is well mixed with water, transfer it to a plastic spray bottle to make it easier to use.
- Fourth, the disinfectant liquid is ready for use. First clean the dirty area with water or soap, then spray the disinfectant. Let the liquid dry with air or you can also clean it with a dry cloth.
During disinfection, don't forget to wear a mask and gloves. The disinfectant liquid that is diluted only lasts for 24 hours because of its unstable nature. So that when the manufacture is intended for one day's needs only and does not need to be made too much.