Practical Ways to Make Your Own Salted Eggs at Home. Salted egg is one of the foods made from duck eggs. Some people have definitely never felt the delicious and savory salted eggs.
You can also make your own salted eggs at home which are delicious and delicious. How to make salted eggs is very easy and practical because it does not use rubbing ash or red brick powder.
Want to know how? Please follow these steps for how to make salted eggs:
- 10-30 duck eggs try to be fresh / new
- 500 gr salt (can be table salt, coarse salt, rubbing salt)
- 1.5 – 2 liters of water
- Jar made of plastic that can be closed tightly (Tupperware)
How to make:
- Soak the eggs in clean water for about 2 minutes. Note when soaking “if the egg floats” means the egg is bad (don't use it).
- Then clean the eggs using soap and a sponge until the dirt is clean, the goal is so that the dirt does not cause the eggs to be damaged during the salting process.
- Dry the eggs that have been washed before, then rub them with fine sandpaper, the goal is to open the pores of the eggs, but don't rub them too long.
- Then place it in a jar or tapperware, arrange it neatly.
- Mix the salt and water in another place, once the salt has dissolved (to water), pour the brine into a jar or tupperware.
- It turns out that the egg floats because the water contains salt. So the solution is to prepare a 1kg plastic bag filled with water (only 1/2 of the water) serves to press the eggs so that they are completely submerged in the water. Make sure the whole egg is submerged in the water.
- Tightly close the jar or tupperware, leave it for 12 days, it can be opened, it tastes good too. If you want more "Masir" leave it for 3 weeks the results are certainly more durable and resistant.
- To cook you can cook it by boiling in boiling water over medium heat for 1 hour. Can also be steamed with the same duration of time.